PRODUCT REVIEW: Mixtiles

Tuesday, July 14, 2020


Ok, so I recently purchased a set of Mixtiles for our home and I am allllll about it! Again, this is one those things advertised on IG that I wasn’t sure was worth all the hype at first but I’m super happy with the end result!

Here’s my step-by-step on how to hang your Mixtiles:

1.  Have toddler rub greasy hands all over pictures (to test durability, obvi)
2.  Organize all of the pictures on the floor.  I ordered 30 Mixtiles, so I did 3 rows of 10 (but head over to @mixtiles for some other great layout ideas).  If you’re as neurotic as I am, you can group the pictures together or be more of a free spirit!
3.  Use supplied box as fort and/or castle.  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THE PROJECT.
4.  Find your middle line.  I arranged them in the center of a large wall.  Given that we had rows of 10, we started the bottom row with our 5th and 6th tiles (the two in the middle).  Find your placement, remove the sticker from the adhesive strip, and stick!  NO HAMMER AND NAILS REQUIRED!  (#nailedit?) And the best part?  You can rearrange them super easily if you need to!
5.  From there, we completed the row by measuring an inch to the left and right of each. 
6.  Once we completed the bottom row, we simply measured an inch above the existing row to place the tiles on the second row.  (With this grid pattern, it’s very easy to tell when one is slightly unlevel, so I highly recommend using a level when placing each of them!)
7.  Repeat until you’ve placed them all and bask in your glory!

I’m in love with the end result!  It’s like having your favorite IG pictures on your wall and it’s so aesthetically pleasing!  We have these in our front room and it’s so nice to walk by them daily and have little reminders of some of favorite days over the years.  We all need these little reminders on our rough days!

We literally hung 30 pictures in a little over an hour.  I don’t know about you guys, but that’s RECORD TIME for us!  My husband who typically says LOTS of cuss words while he’s hanging pictures…said fewer cuss words 🤷🏼‍♀️ HUBBY APPROVED!

-Renee


Post a Comment

Unfancy Friends © . Design by Berenica Designs.