Backyard Oasis

Saturday, August 15, 2020

This summer, Covid hit us with the weight of a hundred bricks but it left us with some free time to tackle some home improvement projects we've been eyeing for awhile. Hello, bright side!

My husband is a freakin' Jack of all trades--he's super creative, innovative, hands-on and hard working. There's really not much he can't do. He's a musician, artist, Mr. Fix It, home contractor, and gourmet-worthy chef. So when he mentioned wanting to transform our backyard, I instantly knew it would turn out even better than I could imagine.

Side note: I can barely draw a stick figure to save my life so I knew it was best to leave all this creativity in his hands!

Taylor started drawing up the plans and soon enough, we had a deck for our above-ground pool, an outdoor bar and a covered grilling area. He landscaped it up all pretty, built everything by hand, and ultimately created a little slice of Heaven for our family to enjoy during these long, endless months of summer. Also, he added an outdoor heater and a couple fire pits for the fall season that's just around the corner and honestly, I. CANNOT. WAIT!

Click the link below for a short glimpse at our little backyard oasis in the making. Just some painting and minor fixes to go and we're as good as gold!



Post a Comment

Unfancy Friends © . Design by Berenica Designs.