fancy seeing you here!

Friday, August 18, 2017



First of all...

I realize it's been months since I've blogged. :/  Real talk: I have been 100 %, totally, completely uninspired. Between juggling work, family, a social life, and ya know, sleeping and what not, I really feel like I kind of lost my touch. I took a step back once I realized that I was sitting at my computer for an hour without a single letter typed on my screen, stressed out by the number of likes my last post on Instagram got...or didn't get. Sometimes, motivation can come and go in waves for me. Apparently, this last wave was a big one. Like, knock ya down and pull you under the current kinda big.

There's a huge part of me that really beat myself up for not sticking to my goals, especially after publicly declaring my commitment to them. But after taking some time to myself, I learned to accept something: there's just no forcing it with me. When I'm not feeling something, I reeeeally don't feel it. I'll never be able to truly fake a smile. Or a blog post.

With that being said, let's go for round two, shall we? NO PROMISES! I'm taking this at my own pace. The overdrive mentality on Instagram and trying to gain likes and followers on Facebook is gonna have to take a backseat for awhile. Let's do this old school. 😉

Do you ever feel so tired, the slightest bit of human interaction can wipe you out?

I'm not talking about depression here. I'm talking about heavy eyes, tense muscles, oh-lawd-no-amount-of-caffeine-can-help-me-now kind of EXHAUSTED. On average, I get about 6-7 hours of sleep a night. Not the recommended amount but not pitiful either. So why am I, consistently, without fail, so tired that I sometimes have to muster up every last bit of strength just to hold a conversation?

Sometimes in life, I think we let ourselves settle. Not just with the people who surround us but with our environment, our routine and our thought process. Where's the excitement? The spark? The passion? I have a pretty dang anal/OCD personality about some things so everything has to be in it's place. (Sorry, babe.) I'm a creature of habit and I follow the same little routine every morning. Turn on the kitchen light, let the dog out, turn off the porch lights, wash my face, slap on some moisturizer, get dressed in the outfit I laid out the night before...okay yeah, don't judge me, but it saves me time and y'all already know I sleep until literally the last second possible.

After that, I quickly do my hair and make up (again, ain't nobody got time for that whole looking-super-put-together-at-work thing) and fix my breakfast shake before hauling hiney out the door. Aside from weekends, there's no varying from this routine. I've been wondering lately if changing things up would put a little pep in my step and "freshen up" the way I've been seeing things lately.

For example, 10 cups of coffee may not do a thing to me but you know what will? Re-arranging my living room or painting the bathroom wall a new, brighter color. Just the slightest little renovation can be like a jolt to your system. This goes so far beyond the home, too. Deviating from your day-to-day norm can be like a breath of fresh air. Literally. Go outside, take a walk around the block, pop in your earbuds and try to see things from someone else's eyes. I totally get that our country runs on caffiene (and/or Dunkins) and let's face it, this blog is literally centered around a morning cup of coffee. But honestly, I think there's nothing more refreshing than a change of scenery, a new layout in your kitchen, or just a walk in the park.

Plus, admittedly, I think dancing around the living room to 2000's Pop Radio on full-blast is better than 6 Red Bulls and a cold shower. Try it sometime.

What are ways you like to change things up?

-Kaley

Post a Comment

Unfancy Friends © . Design by Berenica Designs.