step mom monday {vol 1}

Monday, April 10, 2017





Happy Monday, y'all! The past couple weeks have been an absolute whirlwind. I've been battling some sinus issues straight from Hades the past 2 weeks which has totally thrown off my blogging/gym/life in general game. Because of this, I admittedly haven't been keeping up with the blog nearly as much as I have it in my heart to.

Last week though, inspiration hit me and it hit me hard, guys. I found myself joining a massive amount of blogger groups on Facebook, I've been listening to grow-your-blog podcasts AND I even launched brand new Instagram and Pinterest accounts. Please bear with me, ladies. I know it's been a slow-as-molasses process but I'm totally committing myself to building up this little community and {fingers crossed} spreading a lil' love and happiness with a side of strong coffee along the way. :)

One of the things I've recently learned, and can't wait to apply, is choosing one day a week to blog about a certain topic. Sooo, without further ado...


 Introducing: Step Mom Monday! 

There are so many amazing mom-blogs out there and I've been so inspired by each and every one I've read; however, I've noticed a definite lack in the market for blogs geared specifically towards those of us who haven't been blessed with our own kids but still get the privilege of being a momma. I've been a legal step-mom for just over a year now but have spent the last 4 and a half years of my life falling deeper and deeper in love with my two beautiful bonuses, Faith and Ethan.

{Not only did I recently gain two step-children, I gained two TEENAGE step-children! Faith just turned 17 last week and E is 14. Wuuuut?}

For any other bonus moms out there, you know good and well how freakin' mind-blowing it is to go from being kidless to having your heart completely fulfilled by human beings you didn't even know existed not long before. These two have brought me so much joy and I've been introduced to this deeply maternal side of me that I had never gotten the chance to explore before.


   My question for you is this:

When do you know you're ready for your own littles? How do you make that leap from not just step-mom, but "full-time, full-blown" momma of more?

That's not to say I don't consider myself a full-time parental figure already. I do. Just because the kids don't live with us full-time by no means translates to feeling like a partial mom. I love those kids like they were my own, [although I certainly don't try to take anyone's place] and I've recently found myself faced with issues that never even crossed my little mind before--for example, Faith got her driver's license last week. That's right, MY STEP-DAUGHTER CAN DRIVE.  I definitely never expected to be a 27-year-old worried sick over teen auto accident statistics but hey, here I am!

My husband and I know we eventually want kids together and let's face it, the closer I get to 30, the more I start to feel like I'm finally ready. Besides that, within my close group of girlfriends, 3 of us have little ones ages 2 and under and my best friend is expecting her first in August. But how does a parent balance and evenly divide their time and affection between existing kiddos and a new baby on the block? How do I, as a step-mother, make sure to demonstrate the fact that even if I may have a child of my own, F & E are no less my kids-by-heart than they were before? This goes for all mommas, not just ones by marriage. How have YOU helped a sibling scenario thrive without allowing your child(ren) to feel overlooked or replaced?

Sound off in the comments below +  be sure to help a girl out and share, share, share!

-Kaley



Post a Comment

Unfancy Friends © . Design by Berenica Designs.